Released on 2019-07-14.
Ratpack 1.7.0 is now available! This release adds support of idle timeouts when using connection pooling in
HttpClient, an improved
Promise.retry interface, a few dependency updates, deprecation of the
ratpack-thymeleaf modules and other improvements and bug fixes.
The following core dependencies have been upgraded:
- Netty 4.1.32.Final → 4.1.37.Final
- Gradle 4.10 → 5.1.1
- Groovy 2.4.15 → 2.5.4
- Dropwizard Metrics 3.1.1 → 4.0.5
- Spock 1.1-groovy-2.4 → 1.3-groovy-2.5
- Handlebars 4.0.7 → 4.1.2
The idle timeout for Ratpack's
HttpClient can now be configured using the
HttpClientSpec.idleTimeout method. Specifying a non-zero value for this timeout will allow Ratpack to close unused connections.
Promise.retry method provides a mechanism for encoding complex retry logic in
Promise behavior. With the addition of this method, the previous
retry methods have been deprecated.
Ratpack will now use the native
OpenSSL libraries if available on the runtime system.
HandlerFactory classes provided additional fixtures for writing tests for Ratpack applications. Combined with a mocking framework such as Spock, they allow for declaring remote API behaviors for an application, inline to a test.
As of this release the
ratpack-pac4j library that is released as part of this project is officially deprecated and will be removed in Ratpack 2.0. Support for the latest version of Pac4j are provided via the
ratpack-pac4j module maintained by the Pac4j team.
As of this release the
ratpack-thymeleaf libraries that are released as part of this project are officially deprecated and will be removed in Ratpack 2.0. Users should migrate to the
There are also many other new convenience methods, bug fixes and generally cool stuff added in this release. Thanks to all who contributed.
We hope you enjoy Ratpack 1.7.
Pull Requests (19)
-  - Ratpack micrometer #1389 (jsalinaspolo)
-  - Provide a more powerful retry mechanism for the Promise API. (felipefzdz)
-  - allow configurable idle timeout for http client (drmaas)
-  - use native openssl libraries if available (drmaas)
-  - Upgrade to Handlebars.java 4.1.2 (rainboyan)
-  - upgrade to gradle 5.1 and groovy 2.5.x, closes #1412 (drmaas)
-  - Proposal - Deprecate ratpack-pac4j (michaelschlies)
-  - Dropwizard Metrics 4 (beckje01)
-  - Provide Powerful Retries for Promises (beckje01)
-  - Fix relative path redirects urlencoding query parameters, fixes #1436 (fromanator)
-  - handle trailing slashes in HttpUrlBuilder (johnrengelman)
-  - Do not send duplicate cookies for client side session storage. (johnrengelman)
-  - Fix ClientSide decryption bug causing intermittent test failures in ClientSideSessionSpec (kristinclemens)
-  - Revert "Micrometer" (johnrengelman)
-  - Pac4j dep (johnrengelman)
-  - Fix for issue #1456 (rogerpereira123)
-  - Allow error bodies when using RatpackRetrofit (johnrengelman)
-  - Netty 4.1.37 update (johnrengelman)
-  - Groovy & Spock Update and new test fixtures for Remote APIs (johnrengelman)
Resolved Issues (8)
-  - Path appending methods on HttpUrlBuilder don't preserve trailing slashes
-  - Ratpack Guice error in 1.6.0-rc-1
-  - Update to Gradle 5 and Groovy 2.5.x
-  - Upgrade to Handlebars.java 4.1.x
-  - Support dropwizard-metrics 4.0.0
-  - Getting from and setting a client side session in the same request duplicates last access cookie
-  - Following URL redirect url-encodes the query parameters resulting in a bad request
-  - Provide mechanism for disabling session ID cookie when not needed