Released on 2015-07-31.
This is the last of the pre 1.0 releases. We are now landing for 1.0, with the next release being 1.0.0-RC1 in the next few weeks.
A big breaking change in this release, is the removal of the ExecControl interface. This interface provided the
promise methods. Instead, it has been replaced by static methods on the
Promise type and the new
Blocking class. This simplifies usage by not requiring access to something that implements
The promise creation API has also changed slightly, with the removal of the
Fufiller type in favour of
The reading of the request body is also now asynchronous. The
request.getBody() now returns a promise for the body instead of the body itself. This allows the body to be read lazily instead of eagerly, preventing the body being read into memory if it is never going to be used. Relatedly, the
Context.parse() methods also now return promises.
Thanks to the contributors for this release.
We hope you are looking forward to the imminent release of Ratpack 1.0.0.
Pull Requests (7)
-  - Add pac4j documentation (leleuj)
-  - SLF4J metrics reporter support (djjorjinho)
-  - First pass at #555. Lazily reading request body. (johnrengelman)
-  - #721 Adding application lifecycle hook documentation to the user guide. (myott)
-  - Graphite codahale metrics reporter Support (djjorjinho)
-  - fixing groovychain post() method (djjorjinho)
-  - View support in JsonRender(er). (Raniz85)
Resolved Issues (8)
-  - Log reporting for Metrics
-  - Pac4j documentation
-  - GroovyChain route DSL coercion problem
-  - Visibility Problem with ServerConfig.Builder
-  - post() handler chain internally calls patch() chain handler
-  - baseDir should be configurable via ServerConfigBuilder
-  - Provide a chain level construct for wrapping a handler in a predicate
-  - Remove ExecControl and use static methods for creating promises, operations and blocking