Released on 2015-06-30.
A major focus of this release was preparing for the pending 1.0 release, primarily in terms of smoothing out some public API.
Work continued on the new session support including more convenient API for single session operations, and extra cookie configuration options.
Chain API was given a bit of a refresh with some methods renamed and docs improved. What was previously the
handler() is now called
assets() has also been replaced with
The Pac4j support has been completely rewritten. Please see the
Dave Syer kindly contributed improved integration with Spring Boot. Please see the manual documentation for more info.
David Estes also released support for using the Asset Pipeline tool with Ratpack. Please see the manual documentation for more info. The ratpack.io site itself is now using the Asset Pipeline integration.
This release also includes fixes and improvements to SSL handling, request logging, compressed responses with the HTTP client, the context registry, Netty configuration and more.
Thanks also to João Cabrita, Kyle Boon, Vadi Kumar for their contributions.
Pull Requests (7)
-  - #650 Make HttpClient support compressed responses (kewne)
-  - Converts the ratpack-site to use the asset-pipeline plugin for loading sass and other assets (davydotcom)
-  - Extended support for server and client SSL authentication (zedar)
-  - Workaround to support Thymeleaf link URL expressions (#517) (todd1251)
-  - Fixed stack trace word breaking issue (Vadi)
-  - ratpack static assets manual page (davydotcom)
-  - fixing browserTest and upgrading Asset-Pipeline to 2.3.8 (davydotcom)
Resolved Issues (22)
-  - Improve security of file system handling to prevent directory traversal attacks
-  - Add a request log
-  - Context registry should encompass request registry
-  - Improved configurability of asset handler
-  - Suppress Netty EpollEventLoop Exceptions
-  - Slim down ServerConfig
-  - Merge ratpack-jackson into core
-  - HttpClient does not decompress responses
-  - Construct for async actions that don't produce values
-  - Get codecov.io running for CI builds
-  - Make location of ratpack.groovy configurable in Gradle plugin
-  - Include Rx to RS adapters, and wrap factories in RatpackRx
-  - Support httpOnly and secure cookie for ratpack-session
-  - byMethod cannot resolve which method to invoke as a Groovy Closure using Java 8DSL
-  - decorate() called twice on bound HandlerDecorator
-  - Test http client does not capture Set-Cookie on redirect response
-  - GroovyConsole Error
-  - ConfigDataReloadInformant Always Polls for Changes
-  - Change RequestFixture header and responseHeader to accept CharSequence
-  - Allow Fulfiller to accept ListenableFuture
-  - Consolidate methods for creating and building registries under `Registry`
-  - Development error page stack trace breaks page.