Released on 2015-04-29.
The 0.9.16 release is the release of dependency upgrades! Pretty much all of the dependencies that Ratpack and its modules have are now upgraded to their latest versions. This includes Groovy, Reactive Streams, RxJava, Hystrix, Pac4j, Jackson, Handlebars......
As well as the dependency upgrades there has been some other good stuff going on too.
The format of the built-in metric names has changed and you can now "collapse" metrics into groups based on regular expressions. For example, instead of reporting metrics for
book.2.update.get-requests etc, you could group them to report as
update.get-requests. You can see an example of how to do this in example-books. New count metrics have also been added for response status codes and metric filtering has been extended to the websocket reporter.
The session storage api is now async, which clears the path to integrating with new stores in the future such has Hazlecast and Redis. A cookie based session store has also been added as an alternative to the memory based one.
Also of note, startup and shutdown services are now asynchronous and health checks now have access to the registry.
We hope you enjoy this Ratpack release.
-- Team Ratpack
Pull Requests (7)
-  - CsvReporter should only be provided when configuration is valid (danthegoodman)
-  - Support for extended list of encryption algorithms used by cookie-sessions (zedar)
-  - Add support for specifying Thymeleaf template fragments (tomakehurst)
-  - Update 02-quick-start.md (saanvik)
-  - Cookie session support for Path, Domain and max cookie size (partitions). (zedar)
-  - Cookie Session max inactivity interval - change type to java.time.Duration (zedar)
Resolved Issues (32)
-  - Dependency cycle between modules
-  - Improve session support to be more friendly to persistent and expensive stores.
-  - Implicitly use all ExecInterceptor implementations found in the application registry
-  - Streams/Promise wiretap result terminology
-  - Update Handlebars to 2.0
-  - Upgrade to Hystrix 1.4.3
-  - Request metrics timer name
-  - Registry caching means prototypical providers are treated as singletons
-  - Exception when launching from jar and using CodaHaleMetricsModule
-  - NettyHandlerAdapter.sendError doesn't actually send the error
-  - Upgrade SLF4J to 1.7.12
-  - Upgrade Jackson to 2.5.2
-  - Upgrade Guava to 18.0
-  - Upgrade Codahale Metrics to 3.1.1
-  - Upgrade Groovy to 2.4.3
-  - Upgrade pac4j to 1.7.0
-  - Upgrade RxJava to 1.0.7
-  - Add a filter publisher to streams
-  - Hystrix - Filter out thread pools from metrics stream that have had no commands executed on them
-  - Upgrade NewRelic to 3.15.0
-  - Upgrade Thymeleaf to 2.1.4.RELEASE
-  - Upgrade javassist to 3.19.0-GA
-  - Upgrade HikariCP to version 2.3.5
-  - Upgrade H2 to version 1.4.186
-  - Upgrade reactor to version 1.1.6.RELEASE
-  - Upgrade reactive-streams to 1.0.0.RC5
-  - Allow startup/shutdown services to be asynchronous
-  - Health checks should receive a registry
-  - Blocking throws NPE outside of execution
-  - Lazybones template needs a newer springloaded version
-  - Streams does not canceled when sse connection is closed (prematurely).
-  - Renderable decorators should be able to perform async ops