Released on 2014-12-01.
A relatively quiet month for the codebase, but a huge month for Ratpack.
We are happy to announce the addition of John Engelman to the core committer team. John has been contributing valuable bits and pieces for a while and we are glad to have him on board.
The other big news of the month is that Team Ratpack member Dan Woods is working on a book, “Learning Ratpack”, to be published by O'Reilly Media. The book will be released in 2015 and will target and coincide with the 1.0 release of Ratpack. If you're not familiar with Dan's work, now would be a good time to follow him on Twitter, then promptly unfollow him.
Some new areas of functionality were initiated in this release, such as client side cookie based session storage, bi directional streaming websockets, documentation for Hystrix integration, JSON metric streaming and more. As usual, there several performance optimisations and general improvements and bug fixes to boot.
This release also saw contributions from Wilson MacGyver, Tomás Lin, Jörn Huxhorn and Cédric Champeau.
We hope you enjoy Ratpack 0.9.11.
Pull Requests (5)
-  - Render health checks as JSON for ratpack-codahale-metrics (wmacgyver)
-  - A couple of minor fixes in the manual (melix)
-  - change reference to java 7 to java 8 (tomaslin)
-  - Fixed LaunchConfig.getExecController() API link. (huxi)
-  - Add remote host and port information to Request (Issue #430). (johnrengelman)
Resolved Issues (9)
-  - Render health checks as json
-  - Websocket establishment fails if it is asynchronous
-  - Automate publishing release binaries from OJO to Bintray
-  - Tidy up development error page
-  - Provide method for converting a Publisher to a Promise
-  - Bind an execution segments to the same thread
-  - SSL with Static content
-  - Ratpack server Log info incorrect
-  - Remove UnitTest and GroovyUnitTest