Released on 2014-02-01.
This release contains quite a few internal performance optimisations in terms of increased throughput and reduced memory consumption. Work is continuing on the documentation and supporting materials such as getting started guides.
The big new feature added in this release is the new
RxJava module, that provides a reactive alternative to Ratpack's
Background API, namely
RxBackground (see link for usage examples). This makes dealing with non trivial blocking data flows trivially easy and avoids nested callbacks.
There are breaking API changes in this release, as there is likely to be in each release until 1.0 final.
Pull Requests (4)
-  - Remove extra ``` from testing chapter. (beckje01)
-  - Add Dimitris Zavaliadis (dimzava) to contributors list. (dimzava)
-  - Publish Lazybones templates as part of Ratpack build fixes issue #226 (rhart)
-  - Simple Version Updates (bobbywarner)
Resolved Issues (16)
-  - Upgrade to Handlebars 1.2.1
-  - Publish lazybones templates as part of Ratpack build
-  - Mock out GitHub API for ratpack site tests
-  - Create standalone handlers for managing request content type and content negotiation
-  - Allow the remote control to inject into the context registry for subsequent requests
-  - Allow Registry objects to be queried if they are empty or not
-  - memory leak when serving static files
-  - Add RatpackMainApplicationUnderTest implementation
-  - Upgrade to Netty 4.0.14
-  - Disable Netty's resource leak detection by default
-  - Allow the Context and Background to be injected into “services”.
-  - Add preliminary RxJava integration
-  - Charset of file uploads is not respected
-  - Use 'groovy' library instead of 'groovy-all'.
-  - When unit testing handlers, only renders by the first handler are captured
-  - Upgrade to Netty 4.0.15